Monday, October 24, 2011

The typewriter orchestra

IMG_1189
Type your heart out! I have been visiting the "Canzine" today, an event hosted by "broken pencil", a magazine of zine culture and independent arts. If you don't happen to know what zines (← click) are, wikipedia can explain it so much better (because I am new to the zine scene myself). Especially I want to note the typewriter orchestra. A new type of music (haha). Could this be any more fun? See me typing like there is no tomorrow after the jump. You might as well...

IMG_1194


IMG_1184
First you have to pick a typewriter. This one was kind of love at first sight, there were others, but ...



IMG_1183
Nah




IMG_1182
Nope




IMG_1187
Here we go



IMG_1185Ca
Someone is happy! I had a typewriter as a kid, it was my most favourite gift ever. Seriously, I love the sound of typewriters. If there would be any such thing as a mac keyboard, that does the typical typewriter sound, I would buy one tomorrow. Of course it would be nice to adjust the volume, because with 10 to 20 typewriters being in use in one room, there was quite a noise (but a lovely one).


IMG_1218
Typo-trio


IMG_1191
Want to read the text? ;) Oh and I learned a new word today "typewriter's cramp", which is tenosynovitis (Sehnenscheidenentzündung). No kidding: Writing is tough and exhausting, but otherwise anybody could do it :)




IMG_1192
One of the advisers said, I would look just like the lady on the poster. Well, opinions differ...


More of the amazing Canzine in the next entry!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...